Homeschooling Little Ones

There are SO many excellent resources for homeschooling and homeschooling WITH little ones at your side. This blog is meant to encourage and support those taking homeschooling on for the first time, starting with the littlest of students! Though I'm a certified teacher, my expertise is in "big kids" (grades 9-12). I pray that as my two angels and I journey and learn together, we'll encourage you as well!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Couple of Helpful materials

Let me fist tell you that I am COMPLETELY new to real blogging -- thus, the items here are readily available on the internet, but I have no clue how to create links for them. I'd rather go ahead and write all this out and then learn how to create links. So for now, please bear with me!

One of the most thorough books available is Slow and Steady, Get Me Ready by June Oberlander. With age appropriate activities for every week of your child's life from birth to age five, there's no question what to do or when to do it. And because it's only one activity per week, it doesn't feel burdensome or constricting. As you review activities your child has accomplished through the book, you'll not only enjoy revisiting completed weeks' activities but find ways to integrate those concepts into activities you create.

Next, Before Five in a Row by Jane Claire Lambert is a great starting place for those seeking more guidance and plentiful activity suggestions. Since it's literature based, you'll enjoy fun cuddle time reading with your angels as well as lots great time learning social skills, pre-reading skills, and beginning math concepts.

So, those two for now. I'm sure these are some of the best known resources, and I look forward to hearing some others from you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home